Consider this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each must do as already determined, without sadness or compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:6-13
Pledging - It's easy to make a pledge and keep your pledge current by setting up recurring payments using the PayPal/Credit Card site, or print and mail in a Bank Direct Deposits form or Credit Card Payments form. It’s EASY to Contact Us for help or advice.
Drop in the offering plate at church or mail to:
Lord of the Mountains Church
PO Box 1059
Dillon, CO 80498
IMPORTANT - after you click the Donate button below and choose Paypal or credit card, then click on “Write a Note” to:
- Enter your name - or else your donation will not appear on your year-end tax receipt nor be credited to your pledge.
- Specify a recipient (optional) - Example: John Doe, Charitable Endowment Fund.
Zelle® Direct Deposits
Using your bank’s mobile app or online account, send money directly from your bank account to Lord of the Mountains’ bank account. Note: Most banks do not charge fees from sender or recipient, so LOTM receives the full amount of your donation. Thank you!
- Step 1: Get Started - If you already use Zelle®, skip to Step 2. If not, find your bank in the Zelle® Partners list; click on bank name and follow their instructions OR follow these Zelle® Instructions.
- Step 3: In the MEMO section
- Enter your name - or else your donation will not appear on your year end tax receipt nor be credited to your pledge.
- Specify a recipient - if you want. Example: John Doe; Charitable Endowment Fund.
- Click to print and mail a form to set up monthly Direct Deposits
Credit Card Payments
- Click to print and mail a form to set up monthly Credit Card Payments
Lord of the Mountains depends upon annual pledges from members and friends like you to meet the needs of our congregation and support our mission. With your gifts Lord of the Mountains is doing incredible things, including meeting the needs of the homeless through Day Services; opening our building to other congregations in the community; providing inspirational music during worship; and offering regular worship services and education opportunities.
Each fall our congregation holds a pledge drive to determine the operating budget for the following year. Individuals fulfill their pledges through weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual gifts. You can download and print an Annual Pledge Form to submit to the church at any time during the year.
Legacy Gift Fund
When you're ready to make Transformational Gifts....those that exemplify your lifelong commitment to ministry and mission....your LOTM Legacy Gift Fund is your partner. Working together, we can help you answer the call to live as a faithful and generous steward while supporting and strengthening the financial capacities of LOTM churchwide ministries. We do this through your gifts, resources and planned financial giving. Funds will be invested with the ELCA Endowment Fund and managed by a seven-member board elected at the annual congregational meeting.
Planned and major gifts may enable you to make a more significant gift than you thought possible, while at the same time advancing your financial and estate planning goals. Your LOTM Legacy Gift Fund can help you choose the option that's right for you and the ministries you wish to support. Some of the Individual Gift Planning Options include: Gifts made through trusts or estates, Charitable remainder trusts, Life insurance, Retirement assets, Memorial endowment funds, and Gifts of cash, appreciated securities and real estate.
- Bob and Mary would like to fund a contribution in such a manner as to be able to qualify for an itemized tax deduction. They could fund a donor advised fund through a low-cost brokerage such as Fidelity Charitable. If they contributed stock now worth $50,000 that they originally purchased for $10,000, they would get the immediate $50,000 tax deduction (not to exceed 30% of their adjusted gross income), avoid all capital gains on the appreciated stock, and they could spread out the contributions to LOTM over whatever period of time they choose.
- Steve and Joan are approaching 72 years of age, and are soon going to be subject to Required Minimum Distributions on their retirement accounts. By transferring money directly from their investment account to LOTM, this gift counts as their required minimum distribution for the year. The gift is not included in their adjusted gross income, which provides a tax break even if they do not itemize their deductions. (Maximum transfer is $100,000.)
- Glenn knows that his income taxes are going to be high this year. He can use some of the appreciated stock that he owns to fund a charitable gift annuity with LOTM that will be begin payments when he reaches age 65. He gets the charitable deduction today and locks in future payments at retirement.
This article is not intended to provide legal advice. Please consult with your financial advisor regarding how you can best optimize your charitable contributions to support the ministries of Lord of the Mountains Church.
Contribute While You Shop at City Market
If you shop at City Market and use a Loyalty (value) Card, LOTM will earn funds without any cost to you!
City Market has a program called “City Market Community Rewards.” Once you have enrolled in this program, every time you shop at City Market and use your Loyalty Card, LOTM will earn monetary rewards. Once a household member enrolls his or her card, all linked Loyalty Cards within that household will begin earning funds for LOTM.
If you don’t have a free City Market account, you’ll need to create one. City Market provides a helpful step-by-step guide if you need additional assistance. Click here to view it. To Sign up for this program please follow the directions below (it only takes a few minutes):
- Log on to www.citymarketcommunityrewards.com
- Click on “City Market Community Rewards”
- Sign in or create an account following the directions on the screen
- Once your account is created, search for ”Lord of the Mountains” under “Find your Organization” and click on it.
- Continue with the screen directions.
City Market does not sell your information. If you need assistance, please call the church office (970-468-6809).
Contribute While You Shop at Amazon.com
Of course we first want to support our local businesses within Summit County, however, when considering an online purchase, please support LOTM through shopping at smile.amazon.com. Amazon will donate .05% of the money you spend to the church with no cost to you. Amazon Smile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service, same Prime.
How to use Amazon to generate funds for LOTM:
- Log in to your Amazon Account home page
- Select the “Account & Lists” menu on the right-hand side
- Under the “Your Account” column, Select “Your Amazon Smile” (about 1/3 of the way down the list)
- Under the “Your Current Charity” heading on the right, Select “Change Charity”
- Under the tab “Or pick your own charity” type in “Lord of the Mountains” and hit the “Search Button”
- From the generated list, Select “Lord of the Mountains Lutheran-Church Dillon”
- Ensure you always use the Smile option by creating a bookmark for: https://smile.amazon.com/ to click on before you start searching for items.